Darkness

Author: Snoopy

Disclaimer: I don't own any of them. Wish I did, but they belong to Joss Whedon a.k.a The Devil!

Summary: During Angel's DARK stage in season 2.In a desperate state Cordelia does the only thing she can, and calls up Buffy, and tells her to get to L.A, ASAP......The whole Darla and Angel thing didn't happen, but Angel still has feelings for her, and can't seem to forget the way she felt when she was human.....yah I know yuck!

Note: I'm apposed to anything that isn't B/A, so don't worry I'm not turning my back on the two star-crossed lovers. Total Hardcore B/A fan!

Note2: I know you are all probably tired about hearing this, and have probably read about a million stories on this type of topic, but it's my turn, and I wanted to take a shot at it! Enjoy please.

Dedications: To Kait!

Feedback: Does Angel look yummy in leather pants? Snoopy

Rating: Strong R....you have been warned.

Timeline: Um, I think up until 'Into the Woods' for Buffy, (her moms not dead yet), and before 'Epiphany' for Angel. Probably 'Reprise'?


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Part 1


Sunnydale

The ringing wouldn't stop. The noise was constant and endless. Finally Buffy tossed back the covers and turned to answer it. It was one in the morning and she surely thought everyone was asleep. Then panic rushed her. What if it was Giles? Or one of the gang in trouble? She quickly answered.

"Hello?" she said.

"Jeez took you long enough. I was just about to hang up. Listen, Buffy I need your help--well we need your help. Somethings wrong with Angel," Cordelia Chase snapped. Buffy flicked on her bed side lamp and sat up.

"What? Cordy what's wrong?" She was worried. If Angel was in trouble she would need to get down there fast and help.

"Okay, well I guess it happened when Darla came back-,"

"DARLA'S BACK?" Buffy interrupted.

"Hello I do believe I was talking? Anyways, Wolfram & Hart brought her back as a human, but then Dru came back a few weeks later and changed her back. They've been like masacering people, and Angel's just letting them. I mean that sure as hell won't get him his redemption. He fired Wes, Gunn, and me a week before. I just didn't have the nerve to call you, and they for sure wouldn't have been happy." When Cordelia was done explaining the story, Buffy just stared into space. It was some time before she answered.

"Why'd you call?" Buffy mentelly slapped herself. 'Duh, she thought, 'she called because Angel's in trouble and you need to help him'.

"I just told you. Don't you listen?" Cordy exclaimed. "I need you to distract Angel, anything, I just need him to get Darla off his mind. Please Buffy, your our last hope."

Buffy was still going over the thought in her head. Angel needed her help, desperately. How many times had he helped her?

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thank you. Oh! Buffy we got a new address. Angel's down in an old hotel that he rented out. But you want to stop by my apartment. It's in Santa Monica." When Cordy was done explaining, Buffy hung up and got back to bed. She had a restless sleep.

**********************************

Buffy woke around 8 the next morning, and took a quick shower. While she was getting dressed, her thought's travelled back to last night's phone call. She picked out a pair of black pants and a purple halter top. She left her hair down. She desended the stairs and made her way to the kitchen.

"Hi, honey. Breakfast?" Joyce Summers asked.

"Uh, no thanks mom. Where's Dawn?"

"Oh she already left with Jessica and her mom. Are you off to the Magic Box?" Joyce made her way around the counter and to the table.

"Um yeah. Actually mom, I'm needed in L.A. and I was just going to talk to Giles about it." Buffy also sat down.

"L.A? What's the matter?" Joyce asked.

"Oh, nothing just some demon. Uh Angel needs my help." Well it wasn't a complete lie.

"Oh, 'Angel' needs your help," Joyce questioned, exaggerating on the name Angel.

"Yeah, um I've already packed a duffle bag, I'll be staying with Cordelia, so you have nothing to worry about."

"I wasn't worrying honey. I just--well I really don't like you hanging around that boy."

"Mom he's far from a boy. He's a 246 year old vampire. Trust me, business only." Buffy kissed her mom on the forehead and grabbed the duffle bag.

"I'll call you." And with that exited the kitchen, leaving her mother in a worrying state, and sipping her coffee.

*********************************

"Giles I have to go, see what's wrong. Cordelia sounded desperate." Buffy sat down at the round table.

"Yes you are to go, but I need reports. If Darla and Drusilla are doing something to make Angel act in a different matter, you may be the only distraction." Giles followed and sat down with a book opened infront of him.

"I know Giles, but just the thought of Darla being back. It gives me a major wiggins." She shuddered in response. Giles nodded his head, all to well remembering the scenes from Buffy's first year at Sunnydale. After some time spent on lectures about being careful, by Giles, Buffy was ready to go. She stopped in front of him and put her hand out.

"What?" he asked.

"Well I need a car. Please Giles? I promise I'll be super-duper careful." She put on her best puppy dog face and looked at him.

"Oh Bloody Hell. Fine, but if I find one, and I mean one scratch on it, I'll make you pay." He withdrew his keys and handed them over. She snatched them, and with a final thank you and good-bye, left the Magic Shop.

*********************************

The drive was quiet and peaceful. Buffy drove in silence, no music, no nothing. She just thought about what it was going to be like when she saw Angel again. Mostly, how she was going to feel. She hadn't seen him in 10 months. She took a deep breath and continued on her way. She found Cordelia's apartment in no time, and parked Giles' car outside. She walked up to the apartment and knocked softly.

"Buffy, hey I was wondering when you would get here," Cordelia said. She took a hold of Buffy's arm and led her inside. They walked over to the couch. Buffy placed her duffle bag on the couch, and took a seat.

"Oh if something starts to move, it's just Phantom Dennis. He won't bother you." Cordelia said. Buffy nodded.

"So, where's Wes and that other guy?" Buffy asked.

"Not here that's for sure. Wes and Gunn are at the new office, we've been using, since Angel fired us. I have the directions to the Hyperion Hotel. He might not be there, which is good. You could maybe investigate his room, bring back anything that you find weird. Just be careful. I'll set everything up in the guest room for you, but I am so not unpacking your bag." Buffy stood up again.

"Right, okay. I'm just gonna grab some weapons, you never know he might She took out two stakes, and placed one in the back of her waist band, and the other in her boot.

"I'll try to get as much as I can." Buffy headed to the door.

"Buffy!" Cordelia called out."Be careful. He might look like Angel, but he's not. Not anymore." They stared at each other for a few more minutes, then Buffy turned and walked out.

"Good luck," Cordelia whispered.

*********************************

She parked the car outside, and got out. It was almost sunset, and she knew Angel would be up, if he was even there. Climbing up the steps, a chill went through her body. There were no lights on. She tried the door, finding it unlock.

'Was Angel expecting company? Maybe Darla, or Drusilla?', Buffy thought.

She crept quietly through the doors and into the main entrance. She stopped and looked around. The darkness was creeping her out. This place was huge, must of had more than 50 rooms. And Angel had to share it by himself. Or so she thought. So went to the desk and looked around. There were some papers piled up in a neat stack. She flipped through some. They were all documents on Wolfram & Hart. Suddenly she was disturbed out of her reading by a noise, coming from upstairs. Leaving the files, she slowly made her way to the stairs, and climbed each one carefully. At the top, she glanced down the dark hall. There was some light coming in from one of the rooms. Glancing down the other hallway, making sure there was no one there, she advanced toward the light. Glancing inside she noticed that the room was empty. A bed side lamp was on, but that was all. So this must be Angel's room, Buffy thought. She wandered in. Looking around she noticed all the pieces of paper that was scattered all over the floor. Looking more closly, they appeared to be pictures.

Pictures of Darla.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Part 2


A feeling of betrayel rose up in Buffy's heart. There were picture's everywhere. Even when they were together, Angel had never shown this kind of obsession toward her. Something was really wrong here. A noise from inside the room startled her. Moving in slowly, she heard a door open and Angel stepped through, with a towel around his waist. She must have made a noise, because he looked up noticing for the first time that he wasn't alone in the room.

"What are you doing here?" he asked her.

"Cordelia called me up. She told me about the things you've been doing. I came to help you," she said.

He gave her a bitter laugh, and turned away in search of his clothes.

"I don't need your help. I'm a big boy, I can handle this on my own."

"Oh yah, sure you can. That's why you've gone completely mental. What's this I hear about firing Wes, Cordy, and Gunn? Oh and then there's this nasty little rumour about you letting Darla, and Drusilla kill a bunch of laywers. Oh I believe you can handle this completely," she said sarcasticly. Without warning Angel turned back around, and grabbed her by the shoulders, hard. The comments she made must have gotten throught to him, because he was sporting his game face.

"I *can* handle this," he snarled through a mouth full of fangs.

"Angel, that hurts," she told him, wincing when he added more pressure.

"Good. I'm glad it does." He stared her down, silently asking her to try and make another comment.

"No, your not glad. What ever is happening I can help you. Please just let me help you," she pleaded with him softly. He stared at her for a few more minutes, when all of a sudden his expression changed from that of pure dislike to desire. It was like a realization just dawned on him.

"As a matter of fact, you can help me." And with that, he caught her mouth in a searing kiss.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Part 3

Darla walked up from the basement, insearch of Angel. She closed her eye's, trying to find him through her senses. Finally after a few moments, a slow smile spread across her blood red lips. She walked slowly up the steps, her short red dress, hiking up with each step. When she reached the hall, she made her way toward the only room that was brightly lit. But before she could enter, there was a distinctive noise of growling, and whimpering. Rage clouded her, as she sensed another presence in the room with him. A presence that was not welcome.

**********************************

Buffy whimpered again, as Angel grabbed her wrists and pinned them above her head. He was still attacking her mouth in a visous kiss, that seemed to be lasting forever. She moved her head to the side, trying to escape the torture, but he just followed. She could feel tears start to gather under her closed eyelids.

This was not what was suppose to happen. He was not suppose to be treating her like some whore. Infact the difference between the Angel that she remembered and the Angel that was molesting her mouth, was palpable. He was almost acting like......Angelus. The shocking reality of the situation hit her like a ton of bricks. Cordelia had warned her that he wasn't the same, but she couldn't believe her lovable Angel could do such things. Now it was all true. She would find Darla and Drusilla, and make them pay. That was if she could ever free herself from his tough grip.

He finally broke away from her mouth, but didn't stop kissing her. Making a path from her jawline to her slinder neck, Buffy panted harshly, trying to catch the breath that was forbidden to her for so long.

"Angel....please, you have to....STOP!" The last was said as a hoarse cry, as he bit down on his mark, that had not totally healed. He moved away, leaving a red mark in his wake.

"Angel, don't do this. I know your not yourself, and you seem to not care right now, but think about how yoor going to feel later," she told him desperately. That made him pause for a moment. He stopped what he was doing and starred at her tearful eye's.

"There won't be anything to feel later. Haven't you figured it out already Buffy?" he asked her matter of factly. Buffy starred at him blankly. She was trying to understand what he was talking about, when it dawned on her. She shook her head in denial.

"No, no....no," she told him vehemently. He gave a cruel laugh. He was about to go back to what he was doing earlier, when they were inturrupted by someone clearing their throat. They both turned at the same time, coming face to face with a very pissed off blonde vampire.

"What the fuck is she doing here?" Darla snarled.

"What the fuck am I doing here? What the fuck are you doing here? Last time I checked you were suppose to be in Hell, being tortured," Buffy exclaimed.

Angel, finally having enough of the bickering, stepped away from Buffy and went to put on his pants. After zipping them on, he turned back to the two glaring females.

"Actually what the fuck are both of you doing here?" he asked. They turned away from each other to stare at the dark haired vampire, that was gazing at them coldly.

"You already know why I'm here. I want to help you, will you let me?" Buffy asked him. Darla gave an unlady like snort.

"Sorry honey, but Angel here doesn't need any help. Last time I checked he was pretty up on his game, weren't you darling?" she asked him, a knowing smile on her face. He gazed hard at her, remembering the dreams, that she had concocted.

"I wasn't asking for your oppinion, bitch," Buffy retorted. Before Darla could say anything further, Angel asked her the same question as he did Buffy.

"I'm here for the ring, among other things," she said. He gave her a smile. Buffy glanced between the two of them, trying to figure out what they were talking about.

'What ring?' she thought. 'The ring of Amara? No Angel detroyed that.'

"I thought you would come. Only I was expecting you sooner," he said. Darla stepped forward, moving away from Buffy and toward Angel. Buffy seeing what she was doing wasn't about to let her get anywhere near her ex. She lashed out, grabbing Darla's arm, and spun her around so she hit the side wall.

"I think you've done enough messing around for the time being. Now it's time to send you back to Hell."

She reached around and grabbed the stake that was hidden in the waist of her pants. But before she could strike the stake home, she was stopped.

By Angel.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Part 4


"Angel?" Buffy asked, her hand still in a death grip. She looked back to find Darla smirking at her.

"Well, well, well. I guess he really does care about me after all. Aw it's okay darling, I mean he's had you, and now he just wants his real love, don't you my boy?" Darla asked Angel.

He only stared at Buffy. Something in his eyes sparked a look of actual recognition in him since the whole time she was here. It was as if the real Angel was trying to break through some barrier. She relaxed her struggling hand, and let Angel take the reins for the moment.

"Angel, I asked you a question," Darla snapped, her patience almost running out. All she wanted to do was drink the Slayer's blood, and fuck the brains out of Angel.

He turned to look at her. The coldness she saw there actually made her shiver.

"Darla, there's something I need for you to know."

As he said this, he released Buffy's hand, shoving her in the direction of the bed, where she fell. He grabbed a hold of Darla around the throat and slammed her into the same wall Buffy had her pinned only a few minutes ago.

"Your nothing to me," he said, as he plunged the stake into her chest. She gasped in shock.

"Oh and next time, don't bother coming back. This whole deja vu staking scene is getting old."

Buffy watched from her place on the bed, as Darla once again crumbled into a pile of dust by Angel's hand. He turned and focused his gaze on her again.

"Get out," he ordered, leaving his room, and moving down the hall. She became angry, and followed him.

"Oh so what now, your just going to go back and start acting like a bastard again? She's dead, you can stop this," she yelled at him.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around. He glared at her.

"It's not acting Buffy. You don't know me anymore, and I don't expect you to understand me anymore. So do us both a favour and get out of my sight, before I have physically remove you." He stomped away again, and she stared at his retreating back, felling the tears coming into her eyes.

"And who's fault is that Angel?" she softly whispered. She didn't expect any reply. Just a few moments ago, he was all over her, and now he couldn't stand the sight of her. Something was wrong, and for her to help him some more, she would have to get the whole story, not just the Darla related one. She sighed, and headed to the main entrance, and back to Cordelia's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"She's dead," Lilah said. Lindsey nodded, a look of regret on his face.

"I knew she couldn't do the job right. She was too weak, and maybe we took the wrong blonde," she continued talking.

"That's why we had a back up plan. She may have failed, but this law firm doesn't get taken down so easily." Lilah nodded, understanding what he was talking about.

"So, they've been doing their job then?"

"Yeah. I think even if we didn't threaten them, they would do it. In the time to come, there will be two sides, and who ever isn't on ours knows the outcome," he said.

"So the Senior partners are happy?" Lilah asked.

"They will be."

"Good, it was a real bitch to find some monks that knew how to do the Soul Reversal spell." Lindsey chuckled, moving to the window to stare out at all the people that were walking oblivious to evil around them.

"Of course bitch is your middle name so it probably wasn't that bad."

It was Lilah's turn to chuckle.

"I'd watch what you said to me Lindsey. I have a feeling when Angelus does break out again, he'll have a big problem with you, and of course since your the weakling, I'll probably have to protect you." Lindsey turned and faced her.

"Get out of my office." She smirked but did as she was told. Just as she was going to walk out, she stopped.

"Oh and I'd watch out for that Slayer of his. From what I've hear about Angelus, it won't take long for him to turn her, and then your in an even bigger mess then when you started." The click of the door signaled her exit. Lindsey sighed. Was taking Angel's soul really the right move to get him on Wolfram&Harts side, or was he putting his life in dangerous, as well as other innocent peoples? He sighed in annoyance. Since when the fuck did he care about innocent people?


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Part 5

Cordelia rushed to the door, when she saw Buffy pull up. The curtain that she was looking out from, swayed back and forth from its disturbance.

"What happened? Did you fix him? Or was he already fixed? Did he say anything about Darla?" she asked, right when Buffy stepped into the apartment.

Her head was spinning from all the questions that she was being quizzed on. Taking a deep breath she replied with, "Nothing happened, I didn't fix him, he wasn't fixed, and he staked Darla, after he stopped me from staking her." She walked slowly to the couch and plopped down. She was exhausted, and troubled by all the different emotions flying around inside her head, as well as her heart.

"Cordy can we talk about this tomorrow?" she whispered. Cordelia gave her a sympathitic smile and a nod.

"Yeah we can. Here I'll show you your room."

After getting settled in, Buffy turned on her side to stare at the window. She was on the brink of sleep, when a dark shadow loomed over top of her. Glancing up she noticed Angel staring down at her.

"Angel? How did you get here?" she whispered, afraid to wake Cordelia up. He placed his index finger on his lips, telling her to be silent. She gave him a strange look as he started taking off his dark blue shirt. She was about to open her mouth to ask him another question, when he seized her lips in a brutal kiss. He started to unbutton her night shirt, as she pushed the rest of his open shirt off his shoulders and down to the floor. He pulled her into a sitting position, moving away from her mouth to kiss a path down the side of her neck. He spent some time laving his mark that he left on her. She whimpered her approval, even though her head was telling her to stop, to think about the reprocussions that they would receive if they went through with the process.

"Angel," she whispered on a sigh, the warning finally getting the best of her.

"Shh, don't think about. It's fine," he said, and continued on his way down to her collarbone, and breasts, which were exposed. She gasped as she felt him use his teeth, lips and fingers on her. Finally they were laid out in the bed again, Angel resting his weight on his elbows, so as not to crush her. He was staring down at her, his eyes intense.

"Why Buffy?" he asked, as he gave her a hard thrust. She opened her eyes, trying to fight back the esctacy he was causing her, and focus on his question.

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about," he told her, not slowing down. By this point she was extremely confused about what he was talking about, and she could hardly concentrate on his words, as his hips plunged in and out of her. "You betrayed me Buffy. I needed your help, and you weren't there to give it."

"Angel...I don't understand..what are you talking..about?" she panted, her orgasm fast approaching.

"YOU DIDN'T HELP ME," he screamed at her. Buffy was startled, but the strong sensation of the climax that washed over her hid some of it. He stopped moving when she came down from her high, and just stared at her. Trying to catch her breath, she saw the slow smirk that spread across his face.

"Aw poor Buff, did you really think this was some easy mission?" She stared at him, at the way that he said her name, or lack of it.

"Angel, what's wrong?" she asked, now a little afraid of the answer. Something was wrong with him. Something serious.

"Nothings wrong lover. You don't belong here." He gave her a cold chuckle as he stated, "They've won, and there's not a damn thing you can do." He vamped out and went straight for her neck, as she opened her mouth in a silent scream.

****

Buffy sat straight up in bed, her breaths coming out in short pants. She placed her hand on her mouth, and closed her eyes, as tears started streaming out beneath them. Removing her hand, she looked around, and noticed that she was in the guestroom, alone. Fragments from the dream were coming back to her slowly, as one part struck her the strongest. She gasped at the discovery.

"Angel," she whispered, the situation becoming to familiar. "Oh God, no. Not again."

TBC...


please feed Snoopy

Snoopy's fics